7.05.2013

Summer: Post Nepal

The past few weeks have been interesting and quite wonderful! After returning from Nepal, which was amazing, I thought life would be dull- turns out that it's been anything but dull!

Sophia moved to Cedar City, got a job and is taking some online classes from UNLV! It's been so nice to have her here and to get to see her every day. Since we're both working full-time, we don't get to spend a lot of time together, but it's nice anyway.

Last weekend we went to the Moapa zoo- Roos N More. I was very disappointed and felt pretty sad for the animals there. I was expecting something a lot different and not so ghetto. Oh well, it was nice to get out of town for a minute and the animals were cute.

I've been stressing about what I am going to do after I graduate in December for a while now and didn't think I would be able to get a job because of my DUI and such...in the last week, I have gotten a job offer (couldn't take it because of school) and another really great opportunity that I am going to be doing. I also qualified to take the Juvenile Justice Counselor exam to work for the state. I take the exam in about 10 days and I'm really excited. I won't be applying for state jobs until I graduate, but it's nice to know I have the option.

After meeting with my advisor, looking at a billion schools, and debating about whether or not grad school is for me...and also deciding on which grad program would be best, I have decided to apply to the Masters of Public Administration here at SUU. They have a non-profit concentration and it just seems like the best option financially and also because I would love to work in that field.

I'm not sure if I'll get into grad school or not, but I will apply and go from there. One thing I've learned over the past couple of years is that my plans never turn out or I change my mind half way through- so I'm just going to enjoy the ride! I'm planning to enjoy cheap rent, not being tied down to a career, and spending time with my friends and family while I'm close. I know I'll miss Cedar when I leave- even though I'm pretty stoked to get out- so I'm just going to soak it all in.


No comments:

Post a Comment