4.03.2013

Next Fall & Starting a New Chapter

I just made my schedule for next fall- no biggie, right? For the past 10 years I have been dying to graduate from college and "get a real job". While I would still like that, as I register for my last semester of undergrad I can't help but feel a little melancholy. I feel like there are so many classes I would still love to take and that I feel would help me in my future career, whatever that may be. That's one part of me...

The other part of me is bursting at the seams with happiness that I am actually going to graduate from SUU. It's been a long, painful-at-times, well worth it journey. I can't imagine what life would be like if I had done it any other way. There are so many things that I have gotten to experience, both good and not-so-great, during the last 9 years. Although sometimes I wish I hadn't started college right after high school and messed up my GPA horribly, it also brought me to the place I am right now: I know what I want to do and that is only because of the things that I have experienced along the way. I'm not like those people who just know what they wanted to do since birth...I had to try things and then decide. I'm happy with the way things have turned out and I'm stoked for what is to come...whatever that is...

I am also very grateful for my parents, who paid for a lot of semesters of "wasted" school- where I dropped out or worse, flunked out. They have been my biggest supporters, especially my dad. He never gave up on me, even when I had given up on myself. I love that I can share things I am learning at school with him and he's actually interested. I have so many people that haven't given up on me: professors (they've seen me at my worst), friends, and many others.

Now I should probably get back to research so that I actually graduate. I'm sure it's getting reallllly old, but I want to remember these things and I guess I'm too lazy to actually journal. Maybe someday this blog won't be so boring- but doubtful.


No comments:

Post a Comment